Plastics Recycling Awards Europe 2022 Open for Entries
The seven award categories are: Automotive, Electrical or Electronic Product; Building & Construction Product; Household & Leisure Product; Plastic Packaging Product; Product Technology Innovation; Recycling Machinery Innovation and Plastics Recycling Ambassador.
“The Plastics Recycling Awards Europe are now firmly established as the annual highlight for all those participating in the circular and sustainable use of plastics in Europe,” said Ton Emans, PRE President. “We were so encouraged by the popularity of the awards in 2021 and the diversity of companies from across the plastics value chain that entered, ranging from major brands to innovative start-ups. And of course, we expect even more in 2022!”
Entries for the awards will close on Monday, 7 March 2022. Shortlisted finalists will be announced at a live online ceremony in April. Winners will be presented with their awards on the second day of the Plastics Recycling Show Europe (PRSE) taking place at the RAI, Amsterdam 22-23 June 2022. All finalists will be showcased in a dedicated display area at PRSE.
The Plastics Recycling Awards Europe are organised jointly by Plastics Recyclers Europe and Crain Communications, organisers of PRSE. FIMIC SRL is platinum sponsor of the 2022 Awards.
To qualify for an award entries must satisfy a number of key criteria including:
- entries must be designed, developed or manufactured in Europe and must be finished products
- products must be made from post-consumer/post-commercial/ post-industrial recycled plastics (excluding scrap)
- products must contain at least 50% recycled content
- products must be made of conventional plastics (not including biodegradable or oxo-degradable content)
- products must be recyclable
Detailed criteria and qualifying features for each category are available on the website. https://prseventeurope.com/prse2022/en/page/enter
The Plastics Recycling Awards Europe 2021 winners, announced in November, were:
- Automotive, Electrical or Electronic Product: Speed Home WLAN by Deutsche Telekom AG
- Building & Construction Product: Circular Green Rope by Plastix A/S
- Household & Leisure Product: HÅG Capisco Puls - auburn coloured made of recycled snow plough markers by Flokk
- Plastic Packaging Product: Labeless bottle, designed to be circular - 100% recyclable - 100% recycled plastic by SAEME for Danone Eaux France
- Product Technology Innovation: Recyclable PP trigger sprayer by Reckitt
- Recycling Machinery Innovation (Joint winners): BritAS Recycling-Anlagen GmbH’s ABMF-PET-C & INTAREMA® TVEplus® RegrindPro® + ReFresher by EREMA Engineering Recycling Maschinen und Anlagen Ges.m.b.H.
- Plastics Recycling Ambassador: Flor Peña Herron, Avery Dennison
For video highlights of the Plastics Recycling Awards Europe 2021 visit: https://youtu.be/t5wqSctVx2E
The Plastics Recycling Show is a pan-European, free-to-attend exhibition and a conference designed specifically for plastics recycling professionals. It brings together key players from the plastics and recycling sectors to showcase innovative technology, share best practice, network and do business. A broad cross-section of the industry is represented at the event including plastics recycling machinery and equipment suppliers, plastic material suppliers and compounders, pre-processors, plastics recyclers, waste management specialists and industry associations.
For more information and online entry to the Plastics Recycling Awards 2022 visit: https://prseventeurope.com
Follow PRSE on Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/company/plastics-recycling-show-europe/
Follow PRSE on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PRS_Europe
Follow PRSE on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PlasticsRecyclingShowEurope
Hashtags: #PRAE2022 (Awards), #PRSE2022 (Event)
Tel: +44 7799 615319
Tel : +32 2 788 33 55
About the Plastics Recycling Show Europe
The Plastics Recycling Show Europe (PRSE) is the annual exhibition and conference for plastics recycling professionals. It brings together key players from the plastics and recycling sectors to learn, network and capitalise on the business opportunities plastic recycling offers. The annual event is organised by Crain Communications and Plastics Recyclers Europe (PRE) and next takes place at RAI, Amsterdam in the Netherlands 22-23 June 2022. PRE is an organisation representing the voice of the European plastics recyclers who reprocess plastic waste into high quality material destined for production of new articles. Recyclers are important facilitators of the circularity of plastics and the transition towards the circular economy. Plastics recycling in Europe is a rapidly growing sector representing €3bn in turnover.