Plastics value chain restates its commitment to Circular Economy Package
The above organisations support this joint position on the Circular Economy Package:
- Zero Plastics to landfill by 2025. This will ensure that plastic waste can be used as a resource and does not end up in the environment.
- The 55% plastic packaging “preparing for re-use and recycling” target by 2025 is challenging but we are willing to continue to play our part and call the other relevant stakeholders to act too.
- We call for the mandatory separate collection of all packaging from residual waste by 2025.
- The Commission shall establish a uniform methodology for the calculation of the targets of “preparing for re-use and recycling” and the measurement point for recycling performance. Uniformity will set a level-playing-field for all actors on the market and enable an accurate overview of Member States’ performance as well as meaningful comparisons.
- EU-wide quality standards for plastic waste and its treatment should be developed, including specifications for sorted waste, harmonization of test methods for recycled plastic materials and certification of plastic recycling operations.
- Innovation in technologies throughout the whole plastics value chain should be enhanced in order to increase its potential.
European Plastics Converters (EuPC) is the leading EU-level Trade Association, based in Brussels, representing European Plastics Converters. EuPC now totals about 46 European Plastics Converting national and European industry associations, it represents close to 50,000 companies, producing over 50 million tonnes of plastic products every year.
More information: Felix Miessen firstname.lastname@example.org | www.plasticsconverters.eu
Petcore Europe - is the association representing the complete PET value chain in Europe. Its mission is to ensure that the entire PET industry is well aligned to enhance its value and sustainable growth, to represent the PET industry before the European institutions and other stakeholders, to ensure that PET is positioned as an outstanding packaging material and recognised as environmentally sound, to support and validate innovative packaging solutions from a recycling perspective, and to work with all interested parties to ensure a continuous increase of PET post-consumer collection and recycling.
More information: Eva Schneider: email@example.com | www.petcore-europe.org
Polyolefin Circular Economy Platform (PCEP) is a European joint industry value chain initiative. It has been founded by three plastics industry associations (EuPC, PlasticsEurope and PRE) in order to advance the circular economy by increasing the reuse and recycling of polyolefin based products and the use of recyclates as raw material. By working together our industry aims to ensure long-term sustainability for polyolefin products.
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.pcep.eu
PlasticsEurope is one of the leading European trade associations with centres in Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan and Paris. The association is networking with European and national plastics associations and has more than 100 member companies, producing over 90% of all polymers across the EU28 member states plus Norway, Switzerland and Turkey.
More information: Nuria Buezas email@example.com | www.plasticseurope.org
Plastics Recyclers Europe (PRE) is the professional representative body of plastics recyclers in Europe. PRE promotes plastics mechanical recycling and conditions that enable profitable and sustainable business, while offering a service platform to its members. Our members constitute 80% of the European recycling capacity, processing more than 3 million tonnes of collected plastics per year.
More information: Emilia Tarlowska firstname.lastname@example.org | www.plasticsrecyclers.eu